Wow, Rashad Evans knocks Chuck Liddell out cold at UFC 88, that is not what I was expecting to see. Evans entered the ring as the clear underdog in the fight, cool and collected. He began show boating before the fight even started, first by dancing to a little Immortal Technique and later DMX, finally getting himself ready for the fight with some twisting of his own nipples, don’t ask. The first round Rashad continued to move around the ring, never staying in one spot. He was extremely elusive, yet was able to land some good shots on Chuck Liddell, utilizing a continuous switch stance. At the end of the first, Rashad looked more and more confident, while Chuck seemed a bit frustrated with Rashad’s elusiveness and the mouse over his eye. The second round the two exchanged a series of punches and Rashad was clearly becoming more and more confident. His confidence showed as Chuck threw an upper cut at the same time Rashad threw a huge overhand right catching Liddell and sending him straight to the mat, knees buckling and all. Damn, props to Rashad.
And for the UFC 88 Fight Results:
- Rashad Evans drops Chuck Liddell via KO – Round 2, 1:51
- Rich Franklin drops Matt Hamill with a kick to his midsection – Round 3, 0:39
- Dan Henderson def. Rousimar Palhares via unanimous decision, Henderson was very elusive to Palhares’ BJJ
- Nate Marquardt threw a barrage of punches and defeated Martin Kampmann via TKO – Round 1, 1:22
- Dong Hyun Kim def. Matt Brown via split decision
- Kurt Pellegrino def. Thiago Tavares via unanimous decisio
- Tim Boetsch def. Mike Matt via TKO – Round 1, 2:03 – Tim has had two exciting fights in the Octagon thus far, look out.
- Jason MacDonald def. Jason Lambert via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 2, 1:20
- Ryo Chonan def. Roan Carneiro via split decision