RioHeroes.com is yet another league to hit the MMA Scenes, but with an underground niche. They however, they claim not to be MMA. On their website they state:
“RioHeroes is a vale tudo fight league with no intentions of replicating or conforming to any of the current MMA fight leagues. The company has nothing against MMA, however, we strive to provide real life fights without corporate sanctioned regulations, rounds, or time limits. RioHeroes is a true vale tudo league and will remain that way forever.”
“All of our fighters have come together to agree on a basic set of rules which we refer to as the Warrior’s Code. This includes: no eye-gouging, no hair pulling, no biting, and no groin shots. Besides that, Anything Goes.”
I don’t I agree with all of this.. Seems like a lot of unnecessary danger.. I think I’ll stick with the UFC, Pride, IFL, Bodog, etc.. What do you guys think of all this? I’d like to hear your thoughts on RioHeroes.
Here’s a preview video for their upcoming November Event.
- Fighter Evangelista Cyborg Santos Is a Tatted Up Beast HL Video
- Debi Purcell vs. Hitomi Akano First Loss Fight Girl Video
- Holy Crap – Kimbo Slice and Sean Gannon Post Fight Mayhem
- Kimbo Slice’s Longest Fight To Date… James Thompson, Plus Video
- Prereleased Mauricio “Shogun” Rua UFC 104 Walk-Out Shirt and Hat