60 Minutes recently featured UFC / MMA on it’s show as being one of the fastest growing sport in the country. 60 Minutes talks about how the UFC has made it’s way from being banned into the sportlight. MMA Fighters Pat Miletich, Matt Hughes and Renzo Gracie were interviewed about the sport and visited in their hometowns. Matt Hughes is visited on the Family Farm in Illinois. Pat Miletich is visited at his school in Ohio. The host Scott Pelley even rolls around with Miletich on the mat!
UFC Head Honcho Dana White is extremely passonated in his interview, when suggested that the UFC is more violent than other sports in the US, Dana White comes back with a strong argument about American football. It is even mentioned that “MMA Fighters are less likely than boxer to get brain injury.” Check out the video and the article:
- …”Where millions are now being drawn to a new kind of fight called “mixed martial arts” or MMA. Not long ago the sport was banned as too vicious for decent society. But mixed martial arts came back swinging” – 60 Minutes
“Mixed Martial Arts: A New Kind Of Fight”
- North American Mixed Martial Arts Expo – Who Will Be There?
- 2007 MMA Year of the Upset – GSP Serra Hughes Sylvia Crocop
- Women’s MMA Makes it way into Time Magazine – Great Picture Sofie Bagherdai punching Stephanie Palmer
- Matt Hughes New Book Made in America
- WWF Wrestler Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Speaks Highly of MMA